Aerophone Tabletop or Horn machine ?

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Aerophone Tabletop or Horn machine ?

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:08 pm

This is an interesting machine found at one of the big fairs some years ago by "the Squire" (You won;t find anything like this now !) it's a french Aerophone and appears to be just a hornless Grand - it's not perfect and the patches you can see on the top are just dust i forgot to remove before photographing it - i think this had a sort of "Night & Day" (Jour Et Nuit) Bracket which converted this into a double horn machine that's not there but it's a good , original machine otherwise about which i can find out nothing !

how much did this cost ? well, as i say a few years ago it was bought for £25, and to most it may not be worth that but if you have an Aerophone and needed a soundbox , well it would be VERY cheap just for that

here it is

The Aerophone Trademark

The Aerophone "concert" Soundbox - looking rather like a Swiss One but actually made of Aluminium in the style of Pathe - who MUST be the originator of these machines

The Back section - the tonearm just slots into the top

and dismantled

The Side decoration - all sides have the same design - even the back !

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”