Unusual tabletop Dulcephone C 1914

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Unusual tabletop Dulcephone C 1914

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm

This is a machine from "the Squire's" Collection - he bought it on ebay fairly recently and was delighted with it, i can't say i've ever seen a tabletop Dulcephone , i've seen a few Horn machines, some quite late but not a tabletop machine and certainly not one of this quality and large size

the inside - that is a 12" turntable - it'a a large machine but not THAT heavy as ahown it came with 2 Dulcephone soundboxes

It was retailed in Sandy. Bedfordshire and it was still there 100 years later with the original owner's Granddaughter

The Tonearm is detachable - for no obvious reason BUT is unique in my experience as it has had a lump of lead poured into the back angle to act as a counterweight which WORKS very well

Here's the horn - it appears to be upside down but actually isn't for a good reason, notice the odd tube running right through ?

And here's the motor - oddly placed UNDER the horn on a board - not unlike a Pathe - with an extended spindle going right through the horn to the turntable - i assume this odd arrangement for both Pathe & Dulcephone is to isolate the motor & motor noise from the horn

and the trademark - illegible to Lapel Gripping CLPGS Bores

(Note : please excuse the lack of quality with these pictures, i took them in giant quality images by accident and have had to photo the screen with them on rather than go back to the "ley Rectory" "the Squire's" residence as the traffic situation around Oxford is horrific at the moment with Roadworks on the eastern Bypass, the Woodstock Roundabout and other works making Oxford Central gridlocked and traffic coming right out as out and beyond woodstock uninterrupted making it almost impossible for me to leave or return to The Preceptory by Motor Car !)
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”