Kestraphone gramophone

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Kestraphone gramophone

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm

This is an interesting machine which has appeared on ebay - it's more or less just a typical plywood sided cabinet machine made in the 1920's - it doe shave afew interesting features and as i cannot remember seeing another

The motorbaord isn't that interesting - the off the shelf fittings are standard but the tonearm has a specially made aluminium plinth to raise it

The soundbox - a typical swiss effort usually seen as either an Astra or indeed a "seymour Superphone" but here with a paper label int he back saying kestraphone

The unusual Horn - apparently some sort of adapted phonogrpah horn but made of wood

The most interesting part of the machine - a sort of speed guide to playing records - i'm not certain that it's accurate or anything other than someone's opinion but it shows the influence of the "experts" on machines !"

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”