Very Fine Decca Style no 3 of 1920

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Very Fine Decca Style no 3 of 1920

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 pm

I very infrequently buy from ebay nowadays - most of the items for sale are just rubbish (i've enough of my own !) or are of no interest to me, so it was with delight i saw the machine below advertised - it was "£120 or make an offer " so i offered £75 and got it, when it arrived it was dirty, dusty but completely original and untouched - just how i like to find gramophones ! the case was in excellent condition with all stitching intact BUT there are NO hinges - the leather acts as a hinge !

I rubbed leather food into the case and cleaned up the fittings and here it is - it's still dusty inside but i didn;t want to lose the nice weather - i get wet too often trying to take photos !

Here it is

Still dusty inside

The Label under the turntable dated 1920

The original "new Crescendo" Soundbox

The unusual Case locks "Brooks Patent" - they swing like pendulums and when locked buttons push up to fix them in place ! unique in my experience

And here's another oddity - here it is with a Style no 3 of 1914 - the 1920's one is slimmer due to a slightly shallower bowl !

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”