Pathe "Olotonal" Leather Portable Help

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Pathe "Olotonal" Leather Portable Help

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:56 pm

This is apparently a very fine Pathe Olotonal machine, it's complete as seen with a thick leather case and with the added De luxe touch of a Silver, YES Silver Plate for the Owner's initials or crest to be engraved upon it beauticully edged with Niello stripes , not a one off as i have another Pather Olotonal in Pigskin leather which has an identical but smaller plate - why couldn't HMV have done such a thing as standard for the De Luxe models ? is it just "Gallic Chic"

I bought these as part of a "continental" collection recently and was so busy looking through the other fine machines i failed to notice the probelm with this initially !

It's been re - motored (Luckily the only one in this collection ) but as the interior is lined with Velvet it's not as drastic as a wooden motorboarded one but still, Does anyone know which motor it should have ? i suspect some sort of Swiss one rather than a Typical Pathe at this date but am not certain - the smaller machine i own has a completely different motor so is no help !

Here it is next to a blue 101 to show the large size but same height of the machine (yes, that is French Dust on the Top - not staining)

The machines side by side - showing the Handle on the "wrong" (for the UK) Side

The interior

The Name plate

The delightful Pathe needle box -rather like a Pill - Box, fixed to the motorboard but elegant in a way no UK needle container ever is !

The Type Plate

The Velvet covered motorboard - showing the triangular set of holes for the original motor which , as it's replacement does , winds from the front

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”