It's a Klingsor ? Err It's a Perophone !

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

It's a Klingsor ? Err It's a Perophone !

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I bought this machine some time ago - I've seen quite a few Klingsor machines some are very grand indeed and magnificent looking if rather a let down as gramophones as they have rather small horns rather more suited to a Phonograph, this one isn't one of the grandest i've seen with no stained Glass and no decorative metal framed strings in front and oddly no metal horn either - i took the back off the case and found the horn was completely genuine

SO why would a Klingsor have a wooden horn - there were all sorts of theories from other collectors - was it a Great War Period one and thus the horns weren't available ? was it just one of the cheaper ones ? no - one knew for sure .............then i knocked over some paperwork and out of the file came a 1911 advert from the Roger Thorne collection for ............

PEROPHONE

and there it is !

So it must be a Perophone ? well in another file of Klingsor adverts is an identical advert for a Klingsor so i can only assume they were sold under both names !

Here it is :

The Case

The record compartment - the soundbox is deliberately reversed as it is rather cramped in there

The horn is a wooden funnel

and at the bottom - just the tonearm - it's simple but VERY effective

and the proof - first the Perophone Advert from 1911

and the Klingsor advert

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”