Supraphon record Deck

All the machines NOT Covered above ie : Continental, Unbranded, Small firms & Any Portable machines (other than By HMV)
Gmemg
Site Admin

Supraphon record Deck

Post by Gmemg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:39 pm

This item was one of the many things i had to take when buying a large collection of 78s and machines a few months ago - in the past this would have gone straight to the dump but because it's so odd i decided to keep it (for a while)

It must be East European and Post -War even thought it has a definite 1930's feel to it - all that Bakelite !

I suppose what stopped me from dumping it was the fact that it had to original needle container - i've seen them sold separately for reasonably large sums

Here it is - the "shading" is original - it is LARGE and is much larger than a Victorian Writing box !

The front opens and the deck slides out to reveal a blonde - wood interior with a LOT of bakelite fittings

The Supraphon Needle Box which is only held in place by 3 edge clips - once removed no - one would know it had been part of a machine

The massive Tonearm - with "ultraphon" cast into it

The Plug - i haven't tried this !

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Other Machines & Portables”