someone's nicked an emg

rgodridge

someone's nicked an emg

Post by rgodridge » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Well well, I wonder what really went on here/who did it and why it was stored in a garage!
https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/ne ... in-london/

Gmemg
Site Admin

Re: someone's nicked an emg

Post by Gmemg » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 am

This story seems utterly mad, look at the "evidence"

"an EMG in apparently good if not excellent condition is "stolen" from a Lock up garage in paddington"

Is it REALLY likely that anyone would keep an EMG in good condition in a Lock up garage ?

"the Crapophone maker SOLD this machine to a "japanese Dealer" for £2800

Really ? he bought an EMG and Got THAT much for a Mk 9 - despised by Most EMG people and to a DEALER who would have to pay shipping and make a profit ? i think that's very unlikely !

"Also stolen - Some 78s"

Really ? so this garage in "Paddington" (not the Bear i hope) had 78s in it as well - what a veritable aladdin's Cave this place was for the thieves !

Then :

said that although EMGs are large and aesthetically unattractive to many, they are rare.

What -the Vendor of an item for £2800 rubbishes it in public astonishing !

The whole story seems like a lot of rubbish to me - YES some very silly people store valuable items in lock up garages BUT an easily identifiable item :

"sold to a Japanese Dealer for £2800 awaiting shipping" ?

i really doubt it most of the overseas buyers i know want INSURANCE on items they've bought (for far less than that) and you can only get that with SECURE Storage and ALL such buyers ALWAYS store such items with SHIPPERS in their SECURE storage and NOT in lock up Garages in paddington or any other place in leafy Suburbia ......Thames Ditton for instance ?

The fact is this all seems very dubious - the machine pictured was bought by an American and if he sold it it would have gone to The Leading Dealer for whom he acts as "runner" BUT there is a Crime Number - did the Rozzers go out to the "lock Up " to investigate ? i doubt it they really can't be bothered with such things these days but the photos show the the machine's number so should it turn up then it could be traced - they do say the Truth is stranger than fiction so who knows !

Has this machine become a "cut N Shut" ?

is this "ring" insurance scam ? - i wouldn't put anything past ANY CLPGS SCUM was this machine sold and then so damaged (falling out of a Dealer's Volvo on a motorway perhaps - it has happened) that something had to be done ?

But with a crime number insurers might pay out ..............
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 am

I'm told that this "stolen" machine has mysteriously been found and the finding is no less strange than the rest of the story !

from what i can gather:

"a FRENCH dealer bought it at the Peterborough Antiques fair and then read about it being stolen and will be bringing it back to the UK soon"

How wonderful ! but really ?

a french dealer ? how very strange - is there such a thing ?

the "Peterborough Antiques fair" that's a lot stranger - i've never been to that fair as it was well out of my Area BUT know from people who went there in the past that it was very poor indeed mainly :

"Costume Jewelry dealers, small silver dealers, Lace and costume sellers and the usual old grannies who sell china for too much money and like appearing on & watching daytime TV antiques Programmes "

i suppose it could happen and certainly two members of the "ring" live in Suffolk which isn't that far so are well known visitors to that fair (but aren't french ) and would MOST CERTAINLY have bought a cheap Mk 9 when they saw one .....................but would Crapo Mike cause such a fuss if his friends were involved with one already having a Criminal record for "biting a football fan's ear off "

Wouldn't it be nice when the Rozzers hand over the machine to crapo Mike that someone takes a picture for the ATG I and others will certainly look forward to the resulting Court Case as well to see which "mastermind" was behind this "crime"

I understand amongst "Senior" EMG people bets are already being taken as to which "Ring" members it might be .........................could it be the "!Team" who made their escape before the Rozzers arrived at the Great CLPGS Hotel Robbery ? *

Anecdote thanks to "Suicidal" Steve TMF Admin & "oor Ken"

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:58 am

Still no picture of the joyful reunion of this machine & it's owner yet.......................how strange !

could it all be a "tale of the unexpected" ?

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 am

Another week drifts past and no photo of a joyful reunion between machine & Happy Crapo maker - how very strange !

I imagine that the "oriental" purchaser is bereft ...............if such a character who would spent so much for such a generally disregarded machine actually exists ?

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am

weeks and weeks drift by and still no photo of the happy reunion of the "oriental" buyer and his machine ...............what could have gone wrong ? did the "buyer" realise he'd been "done" ?

or has he simply vanished as if he'd never existed ...............like the sale and the theft ?

Return to “Seymour/EMG/Expert/Bond cascade”