EMG Wire recorder ?

Gmemg
Site Admin

EMG Wire recorder ?

Post by Gmemg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm

A strange thing has been photographed and sent to me - probably the least likely person to actually know about anything other than a mechanical item but there we are ! - It's a totally genuine item made by EMG apparently Post War and is a Wire recorder !

Anyone else seen one ?

(as per the owner's wishes i have only shared the photos with a couple of people and not here )
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

rgodridge

Re: EMG Wire recorder ?

Post by rgodridge » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:01 pm

I'd be very interested to hear more about this myself!
I know somebody who owns an incredible collection of radio recordings on wire from the 1940s, really histocal stuff, and not even I can transfer those things!

donjohnson24

Re: EMG Wire recorder ?

Post by donjohnson24 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 pm

I remember back around 1953 being shown a wire recorder by our next door neighbour, who was the manager of a entertainment hall in Ponders End, Enfield, Middlesex, and as a boy interested in crystal sets and the like, being amazed that the rather roughly wound spools of wire could contain music and speech sounds.

Just because it may interest someone, I wondered where the name Ponders End for the area where I lived, came from - thinking it might have something to do with deep thinking. Many years later, I discovered that it was actually named for the place where fish were bred for the monks at Waltham Abbey - possibly with the ponds being located near the River Lea.

Return to “Seymour/EMG/Expert/Bond cascade”