"Prototype " Portable or Indian Fakey (Opera House ?)

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

"Prototype " Portable or Indian Fakey (Opera House ?)

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm

I have been sent a video of a machine ............it claims to be a "one of a Kind Prototype" i watched the video with an open mind and initially it looked interesting but doubts began to form it's very well made and the covering looks ok -but :

WHY does it resemble one of those Selecta Portables ?

why does the sound come up the back ?

why would HMV have made such a thing as it 's not that portable and apparently not fit for purpose ?

where's the trademark?

Why if it's portable is there no lid catch on the horn flap, wouldn't it just flap when being carried ?

It overall design it resembles that very odd "Opera House" Machine featured elsewhere which some misquided fellow described as "Black Forest" more like :

"Black Hole of Calcutta" i Thought !

and i think that's the case with this thing - a Fake to be accepted has to be more or less like something genuine and this is too odd to be "Right" i think it's one of those odd machines being knocked out in MAlaya or Indiah or somewhere Further East - Chunnsoir Fakey Factory ?

I don;t believe in co - incidences and one odd machine with HMV parts playing vertically is one thing but two makes a fake to me !

(It's amusing that all those Twits on the TMF Vwere taken in By The "Opera House" but not the Admin - Well Done ! )

here's the video

https://youtu.be/KGMYGYlb-vM
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”