Centenery Boat Race HMV 101 Portable Gramophone

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

Centenery Boat Race HMV 101 Portable Gramophone

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:25 pm

This is one of the most interesting machines i've bought - not for the machine as it's just a Coloured HMV 101 but because it was a presentation Piece to Commemorate the Centenary University Boat Race in 1929

It's a standard Grey HMV 101 made in 1929 and retailed by Miller of Cambridge, which has been embossed wit Gilt lines & titles and two Boxes for the Oxford & Cambridge Crews to sign - and that's what they did ALL the crews have signed this in rowing order and then a piece of Celluloid had been affixed (using the corner protector screws) over the top to protect the details - and luckily so as this machine, when it arrived was BROWN from Nicotine except under the celluloid so i had to clean it up , it does suggest that this machine was in a Rowing Club House or somewhere similar for a LONG time

It appeared in a UK Auction, i took advice as to Value and to my astonishment paid £80 + Comm for it ! that;'s a LOT LESS than a Coloured HMV 101 would make Normally The UK Dealers are USELESS a complete bunch of Cancer Sufferer Killing, Gay Club Visiting, Wig Wearing, CLPGS Hotel Robbing Crapophone Making, Crap Needle Vending Bankrupt Bedford Manure Salesmen , ,Cretins ! and most CLPGS Members are little better

Here's a Video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVhu840FNE

Here it is :

A perfectly Standard Machine of 1929

An Unusual bakelite Plate with the retailer's Name - or as it was essentially an advert did they use the "de Luxe" plate ?

The top of the case showing the Celluloid Cover plate

With the Cover off

the Winning Crew :

Oxford Crew

and a printed list of the Crews

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”