"HMV 194 with EMG arm " For sale 1933!

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

"HMV 194 with EMG arm " For sale 1933!

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's an odd advert from "The Gramophone" Magazine from May 1933 - i find the small ads in The Gramophone most interesting , in fact some are more interesting than most of the text ! (Here's the advert for Rob's Benefit)

"Property of a well - known Gramophone Expert, An HMV re - entrant No 194 in Antique Oak fitted with EMG arm & reproducer electric AC motor and distant control Equal to an EMG Mk Xa "

i wonder what that sounded like and does the machine still exist ? i haven't heard of it and probably some twit has turned it back into a Boring HMV 194 !

the other adverts are as interesting - A "Full Size Virtz Cabinet" machine - What would that look like ? and why were so many Radio grams for sale in New condition ? and why so many Sets or Highbrow records "only Played once with Fibre" ?

Here's the original advert

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”