No 6 Hornless Grand - Ebay Miracle

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

No 6 Hornless Grand - Ebay Miracle

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 pm

This was a machine that appeared on Ebay - "The Squire" was keen on it as he'd owned one many years ago in MINT Condition but had sold it and had ever after regretted it !

This one appeared on Ebay with very poor photos - not quality but it showed this machine as having many different colours - it made the case appear to have been severely restored and the metalwork recently re - plated in chrome - t looked to me on my computer as being made from very dark oak on one side and very light on the other

"the squire" bought it for , i think £150 and thus he anticipated something not very good - when it arrived it was in PERFECT original photos , the plating was in almost mint original condition, it had been looked after very well indeed and was totally genuine and a great buy

Here it is, a big machine with a 12" Turntable and rocking Turntable :

the side :

The Motor :

The Usual HMV Paperwork - dated 1913

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”