Objets Trouvees Part 4 - "Grotty But Err...Free"

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

Objets Trouvees Part 4 - "Grotty But Err...Free"

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 pm

This morning i agreed to walk my Neighbours dog again - he & his wife are off to Italy (again) So i took the dog for a walk around Nt Oxford ................i decided to try a different route and on the way spotted the item below ! it was so dirty and dusty i didn't even investigate but as it was still there awaiting the dustmen on my way back so i had a better look, it seems to have been in an Attic for a LONG time as the finish is "crocodiled " and most of the veneers need re - sticking but when opened it's all there with a n HMV Needle set in box, 2 record pads, a needle tin & an HMV Sample packet together with a Brass backed HMV no 4 Soundbox - it's certainly Grotty BUT as it was FREE (and better than some of the junk "leading Dealers" have for sale ) so i picked it up !

I soon regretted trying to carry this monster - perhaps it should be an Olympic Event "walking 1/2 a Mile carrying a large HMV Tabletop"

here it is a model TBCM (seen on the lawn at "The Preceptory" - which needs cutting )

open showing the goodies (which would keep the Craophone Maker in "Rats on Sticks" For months ! )

The lid has come apart but can be fixed

and the label underneath - made in 1921

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”