Unusual Leather HMV 102

For anything related to this firm
Gmemg
Site Admin

Unusual Leather HMV 102

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Kanelbulle Wrote :

I recently acquired this unusual gramophone. For the first lokk it looked like a standrad HMV 102. The case is covered with black leather, which is lavishly decorated. Only the sub-floor is covered with plain leather. There is no viewable seams and it seems to be made in one piece. Inside, there is a standard 102. The inside of the lid is also covered with plain leather and there is no HMV transfer.

When i saw it it reminds me on the Colonels Maori Carved 109. The seller said, that it possibly is a custom-made machine from the the east, maybe India.

Can anyone provide information about its origin. Does anyone know the style of ornament in the leather and can tell where it comes from or what it looks like?
Even if it's just a case later converted machine, it is unique and made very good and in high quality. Changed to GBP I paid around 80 GBP for it.

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “G & T and HMV”