Lost or Stolen ? Two Unique Portables

What really happened to Roger's Collection ? did it end up in SAS Auctions or were CLPGS Members involved in looting it ?
Gmemg
Site Admin

Lost or Stolen ? Two Unique Portables

Post by Gmemg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm

These two portables were owned by Roger Thorne (Who , when i visited him had at least 12 "trademark Type Machines" all of which Vanished after he died !) they are thought to be unique - but were not included in the famous sales at SAS Auctions !

Christopher Proudfoot was executor of Roger's estate and is a notied collector of HMV items so where are they Now ?

Dave cooper wanted to know and contacted Proudie who allegedly said (Dave cooper told "suicidal" Steve, TMF Admin who told me :

"Yes, theyre in the UK - they're not going abroad to some Foreign colleection they're in the UK "

Cooper : "I'd like to buy them "

"No, no they safe where they are ................"

So where is that ? shouldn't the Foal Farm trust be told they have assets not accounted for ?

How many other machines & collections have "vanished" either on their way to Christie's, Dreweatts, SAS etc ?

Here's one - in BROWN leather apparently made for the HMV Shop winow in Oxford street

and another with metal case and rather a Columbia feel to it

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “The Roger Thorne Collection Sales”