What happened to the Spring issue ?

Keeping an Eye on the Gramophone "Ring" Members, , Perverts (Keith Harding , Len Watts , Chris Hamilton) , Foot fetishists, Bankrupt EMG Graverobbers, Cancer sufferer Killers & Spivs. Suicide risk, Adulterer, Girl Buggering TMF Admins, Gay Club visitors, Crapophone Makers & Vendors, Multi - Name Ebay Vendors, Bogus Legal Complainants, Roger Thorne Estate Looters, Matrix Number Bores, Convicted Drug Dealers & Cannabis Growers & users of the "Learned Society" AKA "Christopher Proudfoot's Magical gramophone Music Tour &
"Those boring Old Men with their Wind Up machines " AKA in the Gay World "The Wrinkle room"
Gmemg
Site Admin

What happened to the Spring issue ?

Post by Gmemg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 am

A number of CLPGS Members have contacted me regarding the "Spring" issue of the woeful mag the "learned " Society produced quarterly - well for a start i am NOT the editor (as at least one seems to think) and another i just don't care !

Here are some thoughts :

Maybe they lost the proofs behind the back of the sofa ?

Did the "leading dealer" leave the Proofs behind the loo in a Garage Coffee Shop during one of his "assignations" ?

Could it be there was nothing to write about
( unlikely as they've produced boring articles for 40 years and don't seem to be giving up just yet )

I Should remind the Dire - ectors that the subscription is a CONTRACT and they are legally obliged to provide 4 issues per year if they are not to be in breach of contract ................or perhaps they intend to produce a special issue on a Saint's Day ?

perhaps

St frank's Day named after St Frank the Patron Saint of Erroneous Record Research

or

St Frank - Patron Saint of Bogs Provenance for large Gramophones ?

Or in the West Country :

St Slippery's Day where furtive characters emerge at night and nab 203's from Auctions almost in their back gardens for £200 ! and then NOT Selling them to "the Leading Dealer" (a veritable Miracle indeed)

I feel a new Poirot mystery coming on !
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

rgodridge

Re: What happened to the Spring issue ?

Post by rgodridge » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 am

Somebody mentioned to me something in one of their mags about restarting the bcn needles under bermese coloured needles, is this true?
This information should be out for free surely

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I've been sent details of those new Burmese Thorne needles (by the maker ? ) but have somehow mislaid them ! i will let you know when they re - emerge

as to the above article - well it now turns out that there WAS a "Spring Issue" of the sad mag and that (ahem) one of my informants quote :

"Read it and forgot it "

whilst the other said

"Erm it arrived rather late this year "

I think the first represents the most damning criticism of the Sad mag i've ever heard - YES that happened to me - i would anticipate the mag, wait for it to drop on my doorstep and 2 mins later would throw it over my shoulder and NEVER look at it again !

Although it seems the "spring Issue" has some very interesting things in it (to the legal profession) - and i'm not thinking of the AP cylinder mystery !

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

rgodridge

Post by rgodridge » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 pm

When you do find those details I'd love to hear about them.
I've been so busy that I haven't even been playing records of late, but found some in a charity shop, or rather my mum did, recently which were worth having for once, nothing earth shattering but they'll be on youtube soonish.

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 pm

I know the feeling - i've made a few videos after finding a lot of Old Shop Stock Pathe Actuelles from the Barn lot but they were so boring it really wasn't worth it ! alas we're almost in Lockdown here to - day and to - morrow as Trump is visiting my neighbour - never seen so many Police about astonishing !

Return to “CLPGS Watch or Society News”