the hilanddale news is available online, or some of it

Keeping an Eye on the Gramophone "Ring" Members, , Perverts (Keith Harding , Len Watts , Chris Hamilton) , Foot fetishists, Bankrupt EMG Graverobbers, Cancer sufferer Killers & Spivs. Suicide risk, Adulterer, Girl Buggering TMF Admins, Gay Club visitors, Crapophone Makers & Vendors, Multi - Name Ebay Vendors, Bogus Legal Complainants, Roger Thorne Estate Looters, Matrix Number Bores, Convicted Drug Dealers & Cannabis Growers & users of the "Learned Society" AKA "Christopher Proudfoot's Magical gramophone Music Tour &
"Those boring Old Men with their Wind Up machines " AKA in the Gay World "The Wrinkle room"
rgodridge

the hilanddale news is available online, or some of it

Post by rgodridge » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:53 am

well, here's something very interesting, wonder what they think of this!
https://archive.org/details/thehillandalenews

Gmemg
Site Admin

Re: the hilanddale news is available online, or some of it

Post by Gmemg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:59 am

This is interesting but not for reasons anyone in the "society" would wish !

It shows that the hillandale Newts is, like the Society itself, dull, boring, self centred tosh and of little value - the earlier issues are just lists of meetings with few pictures and really just a pamphlet - later it does not improve, it gets glossier and there are pictures but usually of Old Bores asleep during meetings or standing/sitting/laid out in their coffin beside some astonishingly dull machine no - one in their right mind would want to have in a collection

A mandatory part of the mag is the picture of Frank Andrews the woefully incompetent author of the misleading matrix label lists & company histories usually seen either holding a record or in one hilarious instance holding (with a bore from Brummagem) a sign which appeared to say

ARSE

which i found the most truthful thing ever printed in the Hillandale newts !

the ONLY time it was worth subscribing was when they issued a CD and that WAS a good idea and was well worth trying but did they ? NO they brought out some sort of Cd - Rom (Whatever that is) of the index (Yawn)

The later issues after the editorship was taken over by a Jumped up Very right wing telegraph Boy and a sad jumper wearing bore with a laughing wife (is she mad or just very sane ?) became a multicolour swapshop of big ideas (and a new Title reflecting what they're REALLY interested in) but little content who ended up conspiring with the Leading Dealer and Fraudulent Frank to Pervert the Course of Justice and now have "Personal reasons " for not continuing......................

the "Membership List" was just an attempt by "The LEading Dealer" to get a list of all the Old Fools and find out what htey had so he could get at it cheap" and from what i hear it worked - it certainly worked for the EMG people !

The ONLY reason people subscribe is to attend the auction - no one in their right mind would attend the Sad Hotel meeting or "Grab a peado " weekend at Malvern - where's that Singer & "her Boys" when you need them ? and why Malvern ? why not Torquay and Fawlty Towers if you want a Dated atmosphere with an Hotel full of Old Fools with the occasional Foreigner to be laughed at !

as "Oor Ken" pointed out :

"It's just a society which counts the crumbs from a Biscuit"

the mag doesn't even do that
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

rgodridge

Post by rgodridge » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:07 pm

I just tried to read some of this, hoping for interesting tales of junkshop finds and good anicdotes, boy was I disapointed it might as well be the Edison news as that seem to be all the earlier issues talk about!

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:37 pm

If you're looking for that sort of content then it won't be there - it was NEVER there and never will be BUT if you're looking for :

erroneous Matrix number lists

Dull reports of Dull regional meetings

Very basic financial histories of record label companies

Pictures of Members (No not like that !)

boring record sleeve reports

We also have our own labels part 999 or is that 666 ?*

IF you want Record collecting Anecdotes, detailed company histories, Reprints of original catalogues etc then look no further than Ernie Bayley's "talking Machine Review" produced when ernie bayley was ousted as editor of the CLPGS (Full story coming soon) and the plotters then turned it from a Machine Based club to one ONLY interested in the Minutiae of record collecting - oddly i recently discovered a letter from ernie allowing me to copy :

"any part of his publications in any way you see fit"

so i may reprint the lot - but i hear Wes is doing that online alas he hasn't returned the copies i lent him - it must have slipped his mind ?

*David Barcode a "nuss" and part time Pirate impersonator points out that they have repeated that series several times and it doesn't get better and it's still written by frank Andrews from beyond the Grave where Most CLPGS Members now reside

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

rgodridge

Post by rgodridge » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 pm

I haven't read any talking machine review, I'll see if they're online too!
Wes seems a decent guy and has been very helpful to me in the past, so I'm sure it's just slipped his mind, I did hear from him when you got this new forum that you hadn't activated his account or something, that's the trouble with boards like this!

Gmemg
Site Admin

Post by Gmemg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:59 am

It's strange "he's" applied to join several times each with a very different E.Mail addres ...............most odd !

Return to “CLPGS Watch or Society News”