Satie - Gnossienne -1 - 6

Gmemg
Site Admin

Satie - Gnossienne -1 - 6

Post by Gmemg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Years ago a friend - now sadly Dead. lent me a Video, he said :

"I don't lent this to everyone as it is disturbing and few people can "take" the messages within "

I was most concerned !

What was the film ?

"Being there"

I know many people who say it's a spooky film and they just don't "get it" but i liked it very much and thought it a very positive film (but maybe i'm missing something as usual) One thing i really enjoyed about it was the astonishing music, which i assumed was composed for it, and so some was but the one piece that touched me was somewhat elusive - no - one could tell me what it was called until an Old Girlfriend rang to - night and we chatted - it was on in the background !

It's "Gnossienne no 5 by Erik Satie"

She was astonished i liked it as in the time we were together my Musical taste was very strictly Baroque, Grand Opera, and "serious" Classical music (and Gilbert & Sullivan !) and i laughed at her "Modern" tosh record collection - but then my Taste in Art was, in those days toward the Old Masters and HIGH Victoriana - it isn't now ! but that's the Great thing about life - one's taste's change and mature, yes even in Girlfriends - or Widowed Ex - Girlfriends as she now is, would i be interested in her now ? ........Well !

Here it is - It inspires contemplation in me now that it couldn't have done 20 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... q7yGlT6_kA
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Personal recommendations”