Astonishing Prices for 2nd Hand Cds

For Any Discsussion on the Subject
Gmemg
Site Admin

Astonishing Prices for 2nd Hand Cds

Post by Gmemg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 pm

I recently spoke to a friend who was disposing of a collection of LPs & Cds , he asked me if i wanted any and after seeing them i realised i actually not only had all the ones i wanted and didn't need any duplicates but that i hadn't listened to most for MANY years and when i thought about it i hadn't listened to a lot nearly 20 years !

he asked what to do about selling them and i suggested checking current prices on Amazon as most are now unavailable from the makers and that's when we both had a real surprise - i have the complete set of "the Harold Wayne Collection" issued by the excellent Symposium records , well, over 20 years ago now and bought them as they came out - the only one i didn't but my then Girlfriend did was Vol 6 (which contains the sublime version of "komm Holde Dame" Sung by Hans Buff - Geissen) and waited for years to find a second hand copy and then winced when i had to pay over £30 or ti !

imagine my surprise to see it on Amazon ...............new for £545 and second hand for £198

here's the listings

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000009JS8/ ... 9e77bed7_S
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “General Forum”