1894 "grandfather's Message" Cylinder

Gmemg
Site Admin

1894 "grandfather's Message" Cylinder

Post by Gmemg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 pm

This was one of the most interesting items i bought from the Roger Thorne Sale - it turned out to be some sort of "living testament" for the benefit of the speaker's grandchildren presumably very young who had recently lost their mother

I hope one day Rob will do a much better transfer

Here's the Video

https://youtu.be/ScbiRaTOsGM

and the transcript

"My Dear Grandchildren It is a melancholy event which has brought me here on the present occasion you have lost a good intelligent mother and i a most affectionate daughter , when a child she was a pupil of faith, and your father & She knew each other from childhood, i was present at their marriage and in the presence of the clergyman presented them with a Family Bible observing that they have known each other so long had opportunities of learning each other's temperaments & dispositions and their married life could not but be a happy one that they would stick to each other, i would advise, you children to stick together to cling to your loving father be a comfort to him and may God Bless you all is the prayer of your affectionate Grandfather Thomas Hurst ?

This was made January 26th 1894 at the office of the London Phonograph co , 62 Lord St London
Witness John J Leonard & Mollie Hurst
I John J Leonard Testify to the forgoing
I also
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Historic,”