Tito Gobbi "In town Tonight " 1955

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV Programmes related to the subject or not
Gmemg
Site Admin

Tito Gobbi "In town Tonight " 1955

Post by Gmemg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 pm

As is well known The BBC have an enormous archive of television & Radio programmes most of which haven't been seen or heard since broadcast - fortunately now they are being made available via the BBC 1 Player

Here is one i watched to - day with my Lunch hosts - we don't usually watch such things after Lunch but they thought it well worth me watching so they unfolded the doors on their TV Cabinet to reveal a Television which could play the BBC i player (They , like myself hate the vulgar lines of the television clashing with the Chippendale don't yer know) the programme was - "In Town Tonight" from 1955 featuring Tito Gobbi which i thought might be some sort of Primitive interview programme - far from the utter rubbish shown to - day this was intelligent stuff with Tito Gobbi in very fine Mozartian Voice, a lady interviewer interviewing correctly with intelligent questions and who actually appeared to be listening to the answers !

Alastair Sim was there too in a "guest Appearance" as a "Bagpipe instructor from Scotland" who had Complained to the BBC !

It's really good stuff which i know most CLPGS members will have seen when broadcast but for the rest of us is very entertaining

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... t-22101955
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “The Book/Film/ TV Club”