Dylan Thomas on radio 4 extra

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV Programmes related to the subject or not
Gmemg
Site Admin

Dylan Thomas on radio 4 extra

Post by Gmemg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

I dislike modern Television, it's often crude, and frankly degenerate BUT Radio 4 Extra is one of the major delights in my life - there are so many programmes from the past available i rarely have the time to listen to all i would wish, recently they had the "Raffles" Series i last Heard in the late 1980's - they were superbe ! and i greatly enjoyed them , i very much enjoyed the Professor Challenger stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle dramatised for radio and this week i have been listening & greatly enjoying the Lord Peter Wimsey series "Busman's Holiday" starring Ian Carmichael

But recently they Have been repeating some wonderful readings by Dylan Thomas - years ago i found his work hard to understand but now i find it of the greatest interest - "under Milk Wood" is a masterpiece and luckily the BBC have been repeating some early readings by Dylan Thomas of his autobiographical works - i have been listening to them in a Darkened room as i need to concentrate on the wonderful imagery of Thomas' words

here's one i particularly enjoyed - but it's well worth searching out others on BBC radio 4 extra

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0440wd8
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “The Book/Film/ TV Club”