Songster Needles on Flog-It

donjohnson24

Songster Needles on Flog-It

Post by donjohnson24 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:50 pm

In case you aficionados missed it - my wife was watching BBCTV's Flog-It when I popped into the lounge just now, and she drew my attention to the auction of a trade pack of 24 Songster Needle boxes - unopened and in mint, 'As New' condition. They quickly sold for £220.

Gmemg
Site Admin

Re: Songster Needles on Flog-It

Post by Gmemg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm glad that you drew this to our attention as i missed it - i thought that over £200 (With Comm) for one of these was a LOT of money as i seem to recall the Late Ruth Lambert found quite a few of these trade boxes of needle tins and sold them off for very little more than the value of the tins at the time then i recall someone at one of the "Big Fairs" Found a load more unsold ex shop stock of Songsters and they sold off well but they were packets or rather slide boxes of 5 or 6 tins of songsters some of which were dated to the very late 50's and were in MINT condition so thi sprice is all the more exceptional for that
Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “Soundboxes, Needles, Motors, Accessories, gadgets & Parts”