"Aeolian Pianola Record"

For all interesting or unusual labels
Gmemg
Site Admin

"Aeolian Pianola Record"

Post by Gmemg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I bought some vaguely interesting 78s from Ebay before Xmas - they were located just outside Oxford and as it was just up the road from "the Preceptory" i bid and bought them and as the owner said he had some more but would have to sort them out we agreed to meet after Xmas

We met to - day , and i collected the records - most were not of great interest to me but he has a LOT more which i shall buy in due course, he was once a CLPGS Member and told me all sorts of tales of collectors ripped off and collections Looted and a LOT of background info on the Fred Smith of Chatham Collection ! he had a copy of Barrie Williamson's list of collections & machines which had "Gone Missing" since the 1970's and said he had traced where many of them were to be found now and how they got there !

BUT i come to this record which was amongst those i bought and was undoubtedly the most interesting - apparently there is some dull article in the Hillandale news no 45 Spring 2013 about Aeolian records but i don't know if this is mentioned as i fall asleep after page 2 of any of those Mags

It appears this record was used in conjunction with the Aeolian Co's "Pianola" player piano and thus you played this whilst pumping away at the Pianola ! oddly the singing has a piano accompaniment anyway so is rather pointless

Here 'it is :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein

Return to “78rpm Label Gallery”